August 6, 2010

Mango Japanese Cheesecake

The Log and I are jetsetting off to Mauritius and Seychelles on holidays as of tomorrow!! YAY!! I am sooo excited!!! Looking forward to the beach, the tropicalness and the warmth of the sun!!!

As I will be VERY busy RELAXING and doing any water sports I can get my hands on (windsurfing here I come!), there will be very limited, if any, blogging for the next 2 weeks. So to bid you adieu, here is a little slice of summer until I get back x



This cheesecake is so incredibly soft and light unlike the typical New York cheesecakes or denser baked cheesecakes. Surprisingly, the mango miroir is also really easy to make! So, although the cheesecake tastes great on its own, don't be lazy and give the glaze a go, its well worth that little bit of extra effort!

Mango Japanese Cheesecake

Cheesecake
140g Sugar
6 eggs (separated)
1/4 Tsp cream of tartar
50g butter
250g cream cheese
100 ml Milk
1 Tbsp lemon juice
60g Flour
20g Cornflour (cornstarch)

Mango Miroir Glaze
1 tsp gelatin powder
1 tsp hot water
1/2 cup Mango puree (fresh or tinned - although I prefer fresh)
1/4 cup sugar (if you are using fresh mango, if you are using tinned then theres no need as it should be sweet enough)

Preheat oven to 160oC, line or grease an 8-inch round cake tin.

Melt cream cheese, butter and milk in a saucepan over medium high heat. Cool the mixture. Fold in the flour, the cornflour, egg yolks, lemon juice and mix well.

Whisk egg whites with cream of tartar until foamy. Add in the sugar and whisk until soft peaks form.

Add the cheese mixture to the egg white mixture and mix well. Pour into cake tin.

Bake cheesecake in a water bath for 1 hour & 10 minutes or until set and golden brown.

Whilst the cake is baking, make your mango miroir glaze. Dissolve the gelatine in the hot water (make sure its all thoroughly dissolved or you won't have a smooth glaze). Add the puree (plus sugar if using) and mix until very smooth & slightly thick.

Remove cake from oven and let cool on a wire rack. Once cooled, transport the cake onto a serving plate.

Spoon a few tablespoons of the glaze onto the middle of the cake then using the back of a spoon slowly spread the glaze out to the edges of the cake. If you need more glaze, again, start from the middle and spread outwards.

Bon Appétit ♥



Remember to keep on caking and I shall be back soon enough to share with you all my culinary conquests through Mauritius & Seychelles x

13 comments:

  1. Looks good girl! Japanese cheese cake is on my to do list as well! Enjoy the holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have a lovely trip Rhonda, mmmm this mango cheesecake is making me just crave summer..and cake!

    have lots of fun and bring back some sunshine and happy snaps!

    ReplyDelete
  3. mmm japanese cheese cake is so much win! have an awesome holiday dude!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gasp! Mangoes and cheesecake - two of my faaavourite things!

    Have a lovely vacation, Rhonda :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks so fresh and delicous. Bring on summer! I want fresh mangoes!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your mango cheesecake is stunning! Can't wait for mango season to make this.

    ReplyDelete
  7. ooh I love japanese cheesecake too, it's so soft and moist. I love the addiiton of the mango,with summer coming up, I can't wait to give this a go.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Japanese cheesecakes are so yum! I much prefer them to the typical NY cheesecakes! This looks delicious! Hope you have a super fun trip :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. This looks & sounds just like summer. Can you fit me into your suitcase too?

    Have an amazing time on your holidays.

    ReplyDelete
  10. How lovely! Hubby would just love this come Summer time. Nice mango rose in the centre too :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the sound of this! I just discovered your blog and LOVE it.

    ReplyDelete
  12. this is sooo pretty looking i LOVE mango and CHEESECAKE so this would be total heaven xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. I've been wanting to try a mirror cake for a long time. Yours looks lovely and refreshingly delicious :).

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a message, I'd love to hear from you! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...